Friday, January 7, 2011

As the Day Nears...


After the most challenging semester I've had at the Kelley School of Business and a relaxing winter break, I am about to embark on a trip of a lifetime. I’ll be studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad through a program offered at IU. I leave for Denmark on January 15th and will return in the middle of May. During my time overseas, I will utilize this blog to keep you all updated on my adventures in Denmark and the rest of Europe.

As my trip approaches in 8 days, I find myself with a to-do list that seems never ending. There is shopping for warmer winter clothing, shopping for a camera, figuring out what to bring and what not to bring, and much more. But the most daunting task is figuring out how in the world 4 months of bulky winter clothing is going to fit into 2 suitcases and one carry on. I can only imagine what my room is going to look like when I begin packing.  

Although I know I have so much to do, I find myself unmotivated at times. Maybe this lack of motivation arises from my nerves and fears of not knowing what to expect, leaving my friends and family, knowing my boyfriend is about to be deployed, and just wanting to relax and spend more time with friends and family before I leave. Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely thrilled to be getting the chance to study abroad in Copenhagen and the many opportunities I will have, but nerves seem to be getting in my way. While my nerves and fears overtake me at times, I know everything will get done in time.

8 more days until some of the best memories of my life begin!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment