Tuesday, February 1, 2011

That was an Intense Game of Handball


Sunday evening was the handball championship game between France and Denmark. My fellow TÃ¥singegade floor mates and I sat in our common room watching the game. Let me say this, it was an intense game! Denmark was behind France for most of the game, but in the last few minutes Denmark tied the score. So exciting! Overtime is where the high suspense and crazy began. For a little Denmark was up, and then France scored making it a tied game. At the half of overtime, France was up 34-33. Once half time was over the intensity began again. Luckily Denmark scored tying the game. But sadly, France scored a few more times and ultimately winning the game 38-34 making France repeat world champions. 

During the game, I went into my room a few times and I could hear the Danes living above me stomping and yelling at the game.

When we first got here and heard about how big handball is a lot of us kind of laughed about it. Once we started watching some of the games, we couldn’t stop watching. Some of the saves the goalies made during the championship game were insane. Sometimes they would fall into splits just to send the ball in another direction. Also, the goalie for Denmark is only 21…crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment