Monday, March 14, 2011

Second Visit with the Visting Family

On February 27th, I finally I got to see my visiting family again. Since they were on ski vacation for a week and had busy schedules, I haven't had the chance to see them in a few weeks so it was nice to meet up with them again. For our visit, they took me out to brunch and showed me around town. When my family picked me up, the mom told me they wanted to take me to a nice cafe near me, but it was too crowded. Instead, they were going to take me to a place the boys like to go. The restaurant the boys love is called O's American Breakfast and Barbecue. When we arrived at the restaurant I had to laugh a little. Of all the cafes and restaurants to go, we went to a place that served American food...a little ironic. I told the mom I have been wanting to try the food here since I pass the restaurant every day on my way to school. In a way I was a little curious about the food. Was it really going to be similar to American food? Were the pancakes they offered going to be the large and fluffy like the ones in the US? As I ordered my food, I was excited to try the pancakes, sausage, and hash browns. To my pleasant surprise the food was very similar and delicious...exactly what I have been craving. After our delicious brunch, the family drove me to the harbor where the son of Jørn Utzon designed a cool looking building. We also drove around the area where the American Ambassador lives and other million dollar homes. The million dollar homes in Copenhagen are different from the US in regards to size and grandeur. In general, homes are smaller and less flashy, which is a result of Danish culture's desire to not flash wealth. Either way the houses are extremely nice and near the water. Afterward, they dropped me off since the father had soccer practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment