Sunday, March 27, 2011

Visit to the Visiting Family

On Monday, I had another chance to eat dinner with my visiting family. I went over to their house for a traditional Danish meal. The meal consisted of frikadeller, 2 kinds of potatoes, and red cabbage. After dinner, we sat around talking before dessert. When I went over to their house, I brought with me gummy bears from Albanese Candy my mom sent to me in my care package. Before giving them the gummy bears I hoped they would like candy from my home. Luckily, the family loved the gummy bears. The boys couldn't stop eating them. The rest of the night was sitting around talking to the family and watching the Danish news with Inger and Neils.

During dinner, I told them my mom sent me a care package. First, they asked me what a care package is. I told them it was things, my mom sent me that I was missing from home, such as bright colored clothing and Reese's. Then they asked me what Reese's are. Since I know Europeans don't like peanut butter I knew telling my visiting family about Reese's was going to be funny. When I told them Reese's are peanut butter covered in chocolate, the family looked at me with a kind of grossed out look and then the mom said that sounds gross. I just had to laugh and say it's an American thing. 

I had a wonderful evening with my visiting family and I can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment