Monday, May 9, 2011

As My Time Comes to an End

As of May 6th, I no longer have classes to attended at DIS. The moment was bittersweet. On one hand I was happy because I didn't have to go to class, but sad because it was more realization that my time in Copenhagen is coming to an end. The experiences I have had here and my love for the city are not going to make leaving Copenhagen easy. While I am excited to go home, I am sad to be leaving Copenhagen. The city has grown to become a part of me. I find myself doing traditional Danish things, such as not jwalking. 

The weather isn't helping my feeling of not wanting to leave the city. This spring is the warmest spring Copenhagen has had in 22 years!! Most days are filled with sunshine (the sun rises at 5am and sets at 9:30pm) and in the 60s. Since the weather is so nice all I want to do is explore the city. My visiting family has told me a few times that Copenhagen is much better in the summer. When I got back from my study break, I could see the difference in the city with the nicer weather. This nice weather makes leaving sadder because I want the opportunity to leave the city during its best season.


While I am sad about leaving, I will continue to reflect on the many wonderful experiences I have had here and the more that will happen within the last week. Now, it's time to finish up my Copenhagen to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment