Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NY Carlsberg Glyptotek and Louisiana

Before leaving Copenhagen, I had to make sure I made a stop at the 2 most well-known museums, Glyptotek and Louisiana. On May 14th, I went to them. My first stop was Glyptotek. I spent about an hour there, which was a good amount. When you first walk into the museum there is this very weird fountain of a woman feeding many children. Strange. Then I saw the main statues, such as the Wounded Amazon. The special exhibit there was Cleopatra's World, which was interesting.



Part of Cleopatra's World


Wounded Amazon
Later in the afternoon, my visiting mom picked me up so we could go to Louisiana Modern Art Museum. The rest of the family couldn't make it because of other things going on. When we went to the museum, the special exhibit was Picasso. The special exhibit was really nice. We spent around 2-3 hours walking around the museum. Afterwards, we went to the cafe to get a dessert and enjoy the view. The view was of the sea. In one corner, I was able to see Sweden. It was so awesome. Around the museum, there is also a garden, so windows throughout the museum show a beautiful sight too. Sadly, this was the last time I got to spend time with someone from my visiting family. It was so sad. They were such a wonderful family. The mom told me when I come back to Copenhagen, I must contact them!! 


My visiting mom and I
 

No comments:

Post a Comment