Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tivoli

China Town in Tivoli
While living in Denmark, my time here would not be complete without a trip to Tivoli. Tivoli is the second oldest amusement park in the world and is the most visited theme park in Scandinavia. Since the park opened while I was on spring break, my fellow floor mates and I have been anxiously trying to get to the park. On April 29th, a group of us finally went. As we got to Tivoli, I felt like a little kid again. I couldn't wait to step in the park and start going on the rides. When we walked into the park I was already in love with it. Like the rest of Copenhagen, Tivoli was quaint and adorable.
 Trees, brightly colored flowers, and arches with colored lights adorned the paths of Tivoli. As soon as all of us were in the park, we headed for a ride. The first ride we went on was a little roller coaster that had a track that was built during the 1800s. The breaks of the ride were controlled manually by a man who sat in the middle of the ride shifting the gears. The next ride we went on was the swings. The view from the swings was amazing!! I could see most of the city! During my time at Tivoli, I was reunited with my love for cracklin' fresh (the crispy outside of the pork) that I had in Berlin. My friend and I were so excited for it because we haven't seen cracklin' fresh anywhere since we went to Berlin. Of course, the pork sandwich with it was delicious! As our time continued at the park, we went on more rides. When the sun went down, my love for the park intensified. The different colored lights in the trees, on the rides and on the arches were so pretty. Around 10pm, the free concert came on, which we stayed to watch for a little. I loved my time at Tivoli and can say it was one of the best things I have done here!!


Entrance to China Town
View from the line of Demon

Gardens
 

No comments:

Post a Comment